About the positionRooster Grin is looking to hire a Web UI Designer! We are looking to hire someone who is passionate about beautiful, functional design.
Who are we:We are a marketing & design agency that focuses on websites and web services for hundreds of clients across the globe. We work in a fast-paced environment, bringing our clients quality work that competes in today’s competitive online marketplace. Our designs focus on three things in order to make our clients as successful as possible: 1. Photojournalistic Approach 2. Strong Calls to Action 3. Good, Clean Design.
See some of our designs:
The Team:We are a close-knit team of 20 designers, developers, sales and coordinators based out of SOMA – the design center of San Francisco! We are a motivated team who loves to keep on top of the latest trends and techniques in web.
The Role:The ideal candidate would be someone who works well in changing environments, who can work independently, and thrives when given full ownership of projects. The ideal candidate should also have an eye for clean and artful web design. The successful candidate will be able to translate client and market requirements into functional and visually appealing designs.
Below are some of the key responsibilities:
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to developers
- Create sitemaps, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that simplify robust content and provide a friendly user experience
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to project stakeholders
- Establish design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Provide quality assessment of developed designs
Requirements for position:
- A portfolio that shows understanding of the design process (creating sitemaps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes)
- Understanding of modern UI patterns and a mobile-first approach
- Proficiency in design & prototyping tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, or the equivalent)
- Comfortable interacting with, presenting to, and managing clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Marketing/Branding experience
- Agency experience
- Motion Design/Prototyping